Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Vera Bradley Chronicles

Okay, in an effort to demonstrate the "I've got to have it" sentiment I talked about in my "Things We Want" post, I've finally bought the Vera Bradley purse that I "had to have"! I've attached a picture - isn't it cute? I really love the cell phone pocket on the outside - my pink Razor phone looks so perfect there.

I kept obsessing about this purse and had to figure out a way to buy it while keeping with my husband's new budget. My circle had a late Christmas party in January and I received a Parson's gift card, I added to that a gift debit card and a $10 off coupon and the grand total came to $9!!! Isn't that awesome?

But then I wasn't satisfied. I needed a little cosmetic bag to match. My old one just wouldn't do and I have to put my lipstick and compact somewhere, right? So, I went back and purchased that. And then I went on eBay and discovered that some crafty lady in Kalamazoo, Michigan makes the cutest little checkbook covers using VB fabric. So, I decided that if I had a checkbook cover to match my purse then I would start carrying my checkbook and have it when I need it. That just came in the mail today and I love it!! My set is now complete - I think. We'll see...I keep thinking a zippered sunglasses case would be so perfect.

Am I the only one who obsesses like this?

3 comments:

Allison said...

You're not the only one! I've obsess over the last year about all sorts of baby gear that's probably unnecessary, but lately my vice has been finding another diaper bag that doesn't look like a diaper bag. The one I have that fits that description is great, it's just very light and summery and I think I need something a little bigger... maybe a Vera Bradley bag! :)

Miss Lulu said...

You have got to have the change purse as well...it is soooo cute!
I used my mini zipper this weekend to hold my IPOD while I traveled.

Glad you are back!

Unknown said...

I'm guilty of the same type of obsessing...when I find something I must have on ebay, I spend way too much time searching for the perfect deal, and then too much time checking back again and again to find out how ridiculously high the price has gotten. And people think they're getting such a great deal! One example...when I decided, in spite of feeling very intimidated, to try my hand at scrapbooking, I went the ebay route to find a Creative Memories binder (sorry to any consultants out there who are cringing right now). I thought I'd found a wonderful deal when I bought one with a winning bid somewhere in the mid-$20's, until I received it and discovered it didn't come with pages. I'd bought a coverset without reading the listing very carefully! Oh well...the pages and page protectors were subsequent ebay purchases. And I still haven't gotten started!