Saturday, January 5, 2008

My very first blog ever!

I decided to create my own blog because my husband, Chris created one last night. We were really both inspired by our friends Allison and Gaines Redd who have a blog. We both kinda felt old and out of date and decided creating our own blogs would alleviate that feeling. We'll see if it works.

I may have to monkey around with my template but right now it's a muted pink and burgundy/purple with a few subtle turkey tracks down the right side. I thought that was so appropriate for my hokie identity. Side note: I'm a little disappointed right now in my Hokie team's performance in the Orange Bowl. Not quite what I was hoping for. The Chokies showed up and I wasn't pleased. A crappy way, half-a** way to end what was supposed to be a healing season for us in the Hokie Nation.

More later when I figure this whole blog thing out.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Looks great! Congrats on your first post!

Miss Lulu said...

Woo wee...welcome the the world of Blogging....it looks great!

your real estate girlfriend said...

You go girl! I always knew you were a blogger at heart!

krystletips said...

hey melissa, just popped in to say hello.i'm impressed anay need to do this too. kim thomas ;)

Gilmore girl said...

Yes! I cannot wait to hear your random thoughts and rants on knitting, hokie football, murder mysteries, meatball pizza, politics, etc.
:)